But when the kindness and the love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy … (Titus 3: 4–5a).
Let us respond to God’s kindness, His love for mankind, and His mercy by following Jesus Christ and proclaiming His great deeds in both words and actions.
Those who follow Jesus Christ will reject the following:
· egoism and indifference to the misfortunes of others.
· lethargy. God calls upon us to work and make effort.
· unbridled pursuit of profit to the detriment of others.
· despising other people and their differences.
· the use of any sort of physical or moral violence.
If we take the message of Christmas seriously, we will endeavour to resist everything that runs contrary to God’s love for mankind!
25 December 2019